4.1.13

Are you ready?

 

 Here we go 2013!
 
 There's so many exciting things to look forward to this year. First up, I am proud to be working for Fly Fusion Magazine and the International Fly Fishing Film Festival. My roles with both companies will be multi faceted, and I am so excited to be a part of such amazing teams. I had the opportunity to watch the 2013 Festival last night, and I have to say that the submissions for this year are fantastic.
 
 
In its third year, the IF4 has nearly doubled the number of screenings from 2012, so head to the website to check for a screening in your area. We will be continuing to add dates in the next few weeks.
 
In a couple weeks is the Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition here in Calgary. I have to admit that I may be abnormal in that I love trade shows. Yes, the days are long, your feet get sore, you lose your voice and invariably you stay up way too late. But I love it all. I get to see old friends, meet new ones, and play with new gear. There's a certain atmosphere that exists during trade shows that I find exhilarating. Call me crazy, but I can't wait for this year's show.

In April I'll be heading back to the coast for the Cast & Blast, a three day event hosted by Whistler Fly Fishing and Pieroway Fly Rods. There will be casting and fishing, conservation, rod building, photography and tying seminars (including one by yours truly), an auction for the Steelhead Society of BC, a film fest, fly tying comp, good music, artwork, contests, prizes and meals, late night bonfires, and, quite possibly some drinks. Trust me, this is going to be more fun than you can imagine.
 

In between these awesome events I'll be fishing the Bow when its not too cold and hopefully getting back to BC for some steelheading. I'm sure I'll be adding more events to this list very soon, and I hope to see some of you very soon!

No comments: