17.2.13

Camera Ready


 
 
I don't often set out on a fishing day with a particular photo in mind that I would like to take. Usually I find things to be much more organic than that - the right light, angle and action tend to just jump out at me, and then I go for the shot. One thing that makes all the difference is keeping my camera in my waders so that when those moments occur I can be ready to take the shot in seconds. Risky? Yes. If I fall in, my camera is most certain to get soaked, but if I keep it locked away in a waterproof bag or pelican case, I can guarentee you I would barely use it. So I take the risk, and it has paid off, time and again. Here are a few shots of my favourite "moments" in the past little while.

Timbre fishing at Kananaskis.

Paula netting a distressed duck.

Pete throwing a stick for Chili on the ice.

Over or under? Paula takes the low road.

Josh spey casting at last light.

Streamer fishing.

Power casting into the wind as a sudden snow storm hits us.

Super ninja Paula leaps into the sunset.

2 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

Great pics, love the dog fetch one on the ice.

Trail The Outdoors said...

Excellent pics! The spey cast photo at last light is stellar!